So, last week I finally saw the movie Warm Bodies after reading the book back in January. And here are my thoughts from my brain that has yet to be eaten by a corpse.
*SPOILERS BEWARE AVERT YOUR EYES*
Major Differences: (thanks to this blog for help with the list!)
- M and Nora don't have a hopeful potential romance like in the book.
- The movie's human city didn't take place in a sports stadium
- They left out R's family in the movie version (which I was thankful for)
- The loss of Julie's mother isn't as prominent
- M became a comic relief character (which I did not mind)
- In the movie, the last human R kills is Perry
- While it ends on a similar note, the ending of the movie becomes only loosely based on the book's ending
Me Being Stupid: Do you ever not notice something about a book/movie but when someone points it out, it's like "Why didn't I see this before?" For me and this movie, it's the fact that Warm Bodies is a retelling of Romeo and Juliet. I don't know how I didn't see it before and I've been mentally kicking myself. There's R (Romeo), Julie (Juliet), M (Mercutio), Perry (Paris), and Nora (Nurse). It's obvious.
Which Do I Pick?: I think I liked the movie more, because I had a tough time getting into a zombie book but I liked the whole zombie flick. But the book was still good, well-written and funny. I just prefer the movie.
Tell me what you guys thought down in the comments!
Have a great day!
P.S. Nicholas Hoult is very attractive. That is all.