We're looking for a summer intern! Check out the posting below and let us know if you're interested.
Position: The Boulder Book Store intern gets to be involved in a wide variety of Marketing & Promotions tasks, which include assisting with:
• author events
• in-store displays
• promotional mailings
• flyer distribution
• press releases
Though the position will certainly include a number of administrative tasks, we welcome our interns to shape their experience here according to their specific interests and talents.
The internship lasts for three months, and interns work 5-10 hours/week. Internships begin in March, June, and September.
• Computer Skills: Applicants must be competent in Microsoft Word and Excel, and would ideally be familiar with Photoshop.
• Writing Skills: Interns may be asked to write press releases, draft letters to area organizations, create flyers, etc.
• Multi-tasking: This position includes a wide variety of tasks, so being able to multi-task is important.
• Book Lover: Since we're in the business of books, ideal applicants will share our enthusiasm for the business.
• High School and College students only, please.
This internship is unpaid. There are a number of great perks, however, including loads of free books, flexible hours, fun-loving co-workers, use of the staff massage chair, and more. Most importantly, you will learn the ins and outs of working at both a bookstore, and a locally-owned, independent business. Plus, it will earn you a number of professional contacts, and look great on a resume!
Please send a letter of interest (or a resume and cover letter, if applicable) to: Mandy King, Boulder Book Store, 1107 Pearl St., Boulder, CO 80302, or to email@example.com.
Nonfiction: Disarming Iran: A Story of Cybersabotage and Sanctions - Jay Solomon’s “The Iran Wars” is an account of how the threat of a nuclear Iran grew, as did American efforts to curb it.
6 hours ago